Friday, January 4, 2008

Returning to Denver: Part II

On new years, the night of the end of the first day, of the new year...memories flooded my brains receptors...
I was suddenly aware that for months I have been in a state of shock. I have not been able to fully process or comprehend the events that my life had experienced. I went through more let downs and beat-downs than I had ever been through, in my whole life. Signs would line up, beautifully, fluidly, and then the illusion would come crashing down at the last minute, leaving me weary, tired, bedraggled, and at a loss for words. There is no way to explain in words, what my family and I went through. Life, or death, was throwing us around like a ping pong ball in the universe.
I felt cursed, I thought it would never end, when my spirit was thoroughly broken, I withdrew. I stopped trying. The little warrior girl inside me had been sleeping so long, that her strength had died away, with the fading of her callouses, and her scars. I knew this was a test, and that it had only begun. I knew that the deterioration of the system was falling apart rapidly, and that I had to grow a backbone soon. But I did nothing, and Kali the goddess of death and decay, laughed at me. She laughed at us all. She tried to dance with me but I ran, she tried to kill me but I ran. She tried to show me her face, but I screamed. And now, I wish I had just danced with her.
Now here I sit, knowingly understanding that it has just begun...that this is only a pause in the greater struggle. That I must be strong, I must not fall, or brood. I can't let anything get the best of me. That little warrior girl inside, needs to grow up.

Sky

No comments: