Tuesday, August 21, 2007

She is me: From StarPhyre's Poetry

I awaken to loneliness. First fear; fear of separation, and of closeness. Fear of the world around me, of the implications of my new eyes. I awaken to paranoia, their watching. Is it their world, is it mine? Is it time, has it come so soon? Have I run out of this precious illusion of a clock of delusion? But I know inside fear solves nothing, it is only the demon bred out of my sleep. I am battling with her, an inner battle. She wants normalcy, systems and games that twirl around in circles like a ferris wheel. I want freedom and fantasy, I want magic and dreams. She’s scared as she hides in her dark corner, wanting nothing more than to forget. To fall back into her deep dreamless sleep, where she is none to blame, none to take action. But as I move on, she fades as a distant horizon, as a shooting star, as a fading cloud the sky is clear, and she is me. She remembers the scent of wet moss and rainfall, and the crisp chilly air of the forest. She remembers the names of the land, of the fruits that bear witness to sunlight in springtime, of the leaves that unfurl towards the sky, of their poisons and their friends. She remembers the smell of hotel bathrooms and cheap laundry detergent from traveling in her childhood. She remembers the simple things are all that count. She is I, and I remember my dreams. The veil is lifted and my memories return, as scents as fresh in my mind as if it were yesterday, of images as close to my heart as if they were waiting for me tomorrow. Of joy so clear and pure and unquestioned, unhindered. Its so close I can touch it, hold her, that me that was and will be again.

No comments: