Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ugly underwear: My conspiracy theories

Ever notice that the generic trademark for pajamas is bright colors, crazy patterns, and blinding designs?
Lets not forget cartoon characters, flowers, hearts, checkerboard patterns, stars, shiny blinding reds and neon greens.

Then look at boxers, superheroes, money, catchphrases about penis size, horrid colors, and metallics...Why would any man want a picture of Jim Morrison on his ass?

Women's underwear; god just go into Victoria's secrets. Who wears neon green bras with red lace and polkadots?
Or what about all the panties with "screw me" catchphrases? And the fact that all of this stuff doesn't even MATCH; like okay, pink and neon green, purple and red(ALWAYS a bad color scheme).
Panties will be themed with snowflakes during the holidays(EVEN Christmas trees!!)...what next; a Hannakuh candle stick print with a joke about being hot?

What about all the doo-dads on thongs? I once had a thong I got from Charlotte Rousse with a freakin' WHISTLE attached to a string, hanging above the nether region, as well as a thong w/ bells hanging off the hips...underwear is literally coming w/ bells and whistles!
I'm sure many women out there have experienced the dysfunctionality of rhinstones inset into pot-metal, on the hips of their panties. Dear god I can't count the ammount of times I've gotten litteral CUTS in my hips from the metal warping and cutting me.
Lace, plastic, latex, ribbons and bows, fishnet, zippers(geez if your gonna go that far just take the thing off)
I hate those G-strings w/ freakishly long pieces of lace hanging from the back, so when you pull up your pants you got a little baby blue lacy tail hanging out the back...
That reminds my of when I tucked my workshirt into my underwear, and my lowrider jeans provided my underwear to be displayed to my whole(Completely cruel and "Oblivious" ) work crew.

But onto my theories;
1. Deep inside people want to wear bells and whistles, bright fluffy lace and neon colors w/ cartoon characters proudly displayed on their buttocks in public.

2. The corporations making these atrocious creations want us to feel ugly under our clothes.

3. Some idiot designer of undergarments decided to make everything completely HIDEOUS because he was having a bad day; and ever since then everyone followed in suit.

4. All those insane patterns are hiding secret mind-controlling hypnotism messages.

Well I for one will not stand for the horrible epidemic of ugly underwear! What's a girl supposed to do???

Sky

1 comment:

Kali Maya said...

You go girl, I totally agree. I think the corporations are just trying to demean the lower classes with uncomfortable and garish clothing. They probably are laughing their asses off, as this crap rolls off the assembly line, and the money follows into their pockets.