Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dream Interpretation: Evil Green Puddle

My dream:

Sam and I are out; and we suddenly remember we're supposed to be at the grocery store. We get there, and for some strange reason we end up being there all day, and I'm starting to get sick from lack of food. We apparently won some $90 dollar shopping spree, and we are checking out at the cash register. But; all the groceries are things the ladies that work there picked out for us, and they are all junk-food, and poisons. I am horrified, and I tell the cashier to just take everything back. I ask if we can go on our free shopping spree another day; and they tell me no. It has to be today. So; by this time I'm starting to get really sick; and Sam ends up going ahead of me and shopping. I suddenly get really dizzy and weak and fall on the floor, almost passing out. The ladies that work there surround me, and are asking if I'm OK. I'm realizing I just need my meat, and I get up really weakly, and start looking for Sam. He's in one of the isles, and once I see him I tell him what's up with me; and that I have to get something to eat. I then proceed to the meat isle, and grab a pack of ground beef; I'm thinking in my head that even though its low in fat at least its food. I rip the package open right there and start scarfing it down. I feel alot better.
The dream proceeds and I'm at my parents house, in the backyard. I have these books I bought for my parents, and I tell them that one of the books is about this evil green puddle.
My brother and I remember that there used to be an evil green puddle in our back yard, and if anyone ever went near it or looked in it they'd get sucked into it, and never come back. Then we also remember, that it had disappeared leaving only a hole, and that we had taken blocks of wood and filled the hole, and then covered it with a sheet of plywood and used rocks to hold it down. We had also covered it in leaves to disguise it.
I then suddenly realized, that my brother and I had stopped believing in the evil green puddle, and that's why it had dried up. I also realized that ever since we'd stopped believing in it, it never came back again.
Unfortunately; my brother's curiosity was getting the better of him; and he kept going over to the covered hole and peeking under the plywood. I kept telling him to stay away from it; that it was dangerous and it could come back again if he believed in it again.
I remember in the dream my mom and I were sitting in the backyard together(our backyard in Washington)and she was meditating. I was sitting there with a knife, and a couple other things I can't remember.
My cat; who is a main coon was playing on the patio with a bunch of other main coons the neighbor lady owned(in my dream)
My mom then got up, and handed me this strange circle mirror tray, with a metal "gate" around it. The mirror had words she had written on it, and they said something about going in to see my father, and thanking me for something.
I then proceeded to pick up my belongings, and follow her in.
Just then once again my brother peeked under the plywood, and I chided him again...

When I awoke I suddenly realized that the moral, and reason for the dream; was teach me that if I believe in a nightmare, it will come true. In my conscious I knew this, but I wasn't really feeling it lately. My sub-conscious knew I needed to see this; to stop believing in the nightmare illusions, because they would steal all my energy. To only believe in what I wanted in life, and what I wanted to see; and just like that evil green puddle all the bad illusions would disappear, and I'd forget they had even been there. I think my brother(he was much younger, around 10)represented my own curiosity; and that even though we can walk away from the illusions we don't need in our lives, some part of us will still wonder. We just can't let that part of us take over and rampage on what-ifs.

No comments: