Sunday, July 29, 2007

What I got for free-Improvisation leads to creation

Today my fiance and I(we live in a tent in my parents backyard)woke up to the ring of Sam's(my fiance's)cell phone, it was his mom.
So; at 9:30 this morning we go into the house, Sam sits down at his computer, pops up the free section of Craigslist, and goes off to make breakfast and forgets about it. I walk over to his computer seeing CG's free section; and unable to contain my curiosity sit down and start to browse, the first thing I see is: ITS ALL FREE, FREE FREE, TAKE IT ALL!!!!
So I click, and its an estate sale of free stuff, I huge one that starts at 10:00am! So I get the address, google it, wake up my mom, and get my dad to drive, and my whole family gets in the van and drives there. We are ten minutes early!
Here's what we got:

A vintage model 401A Singer sewing machine, attached to a table:(I've wanted one FOREVER)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Black mink fur coat
Pair of dress shoes
Women's stockings
A tackle box of deep sea fishing equipment
A bunch of towels, wash cloths, and sheets
Hammer
Salt shaker & pepper grinder
A huge cardboard box of candles
Sealed glass food stuff jars
Candy thermometer & baking thermometer
Henna shampoo
2 tea makers
8 kitchen knives
A sithe
Gasmask
Whip cream dispenser
Acrylic paints
High quality artist paper(LOTS)
Mason jar lids
Vintage drapes(I use for clothing fabric)
Copper food display tray(My bro and dad are going to use this for a dice rolling device)
3 monkey wrenches
C-clamp
Hand-powered vintage drill, and bits
Long screw driver
Wood bleaching kit
Coffee maker
2 Vintage lamps:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Now I'm sure everyone reading this, thinks that my family is a bunch of pack-rats, but in absolute truth, we have real uses, for all of these things!

No comments: